Friday, May 16, 2008

Welcome one and all

Well hello there happy fellows! I finally broke down and decided it was about time to become mainstream and blog like the rest of society. For those of you who know me, I am not typically a conformist and I have always been the self-proclaimed, "anti-blogger". Let me explain...see, when you set up a blog, you rely on the thread of hope your friends and family will actually look at your blog. When you send an email, there is a much stronger possibility the receiver of the email will read it (although, coming from me, it is usually never good so I am sure several of you delete at first glance). So I will babble into cyberspace in hopes of having at least a handful of happy followers take a gander at my ramblings and find some interest in them.

So, to all fo you out there, welcome and enjoy the chaotic ramblings of a boring family living in North Happy Valley (Utah County).

What's the haps? Well, if you have been following my horrendously broken email trail, we have been the facilitators of one adorable child with a psychotically round mother who still stalks us, thinking we are harboring her child without her knowledge, claiming we handed her over. Her other theory--we put her in a horrid foster home where she is being molested. Um, really? She called our home phone and my cell which was left in the car and Austin didn't remember the rule of "no answering 427 numbers" and got an earful from a crazed girl hunting down her children because we were the bad guys, not her. This saga has no end in sight I am afraid but I am very happy to report that no molesting is taking place and the children are thriving beyond belief--calling the new parents Mom and Dad and enjoying every moment of stability.

In other news, Austin and I are busily getting ready for his Foreign business excursion to beautiful Europe next week. I can hardly wait--I haven't been for 10 years and it has killed me. We start out in Zurich, Switzerland; Munich, Germany; Vienna, Austria; Saltzburg, Austria, Prague, Czech Republic; London, England; and Paris, France. Next Friday at this time I will be sitting on an airplane on my way! The trip is required for Austin's MBA program (which he finishes July 1st!!!!!) and the spouses can tag along. I wasn't going to at first because is is the last week of school/first week of summer for my kids but when I found out they were g0ing to Mauthausen Concentration Camp I couldn't let Austin see one before I did. We are also going to be traveling across the English Channel on June 6th--the anniversary of the D-Day landings on the Normandy coast so, yes, I am a nerd who thinks of those things. Anyway, my kids are getting taken care of and we appeased them with the prospect of a treat from each city we visit so I think they will be fine.

That is all to report from here today. Now I have to make this all fancy with pictures and such, don't I? That's another thing about emailing...no fancy backgrounds and pictures to worry about.

6 comments:

heymaughan said...

Let me be the first to congratulate you, the consummate anti-blogger, for FINALLY throwing in the towel and joining the happy world of blogging.. You won't regret your choice to conform! And no, we don't delete your emails, and yes, we will all read your blog. :)

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you're blogging! I think you'll end up LOVING it.
I'm so jealous of your European trip -- but more jealous of Austin graduating!

Robin said...

I hear you Tiff,

AJ asked me when I was going to be done with school and I told him probably the earliest would be 2010 and he was baffled by the prospect of me going to school (well, I don't GO to school perse--I 'log on' to school so to him I am not really going, but my papers and hundreds of pages of reading beg to differ). Love 8 year olds.

Anonymous said...

First of all, let me just say that it's about time you got yourself a blog. I'm sure it will be full of hilariousness and I can't wait. Secondly, I am SO jealous that you are going to Europe. I haven't been to Germany since my mission, and I don't really know when we will be going. So, I'll have to take pleasure in the fact that YOU are going, and hope that someday we, too, will make the trip across the pond.

TheFunYam said...

Yay! You've joined the blog-o-sphere! It really is the most wonderful theraputic thing at the end of the day--and you have no shortage of adventures! I'm so glad I can catch up with you this way!

KIC said...

Yipee! So glad you have a blog.